Luxury homes change with the trends. In the past, luxury homes were all about having the largest possible space but in 2017, these homes are more about how the space is going to be used. If you’re looking to buy a home in 2017, here are some of the features you’re going to want to look for.
- Functional home layouts. Buyers today want entertainment rooms, living rooms, and offices — they want a home that they can truly live and work in. One of the best advantages to a newly built luxury home is that it is tailored to the modern lifestyle, which means entertaining and working within the home.
- Additional bedrooms. Luxury homes mean at least 4+ bedrooms, as family sizes are growing and the need for space is paramount. Families are now closer than ever, with many homes now being used by multiple generations or for multiple children. Additional benefits offer the opportunity for expansion at any time.
- Limited maintenance. Home buyers have realized that there are some things that may look great but may be difficult to maintain — such as large water features, or elaborate landscaping. Home buyers are now being more conscientious about purchasing low maintenance homes that can practically take care of themselves.
- Larger garages. Garages aren’t just being used for cars anymore. Work shops, storage, and even dens — garages provide a lot of different roles. Today’s luxury home buyer wants to see a large garage that has a lot of opportunities for customization.
- Walk-in closets. Walk-in closets are simply a must-have for today’s luxury home. Having this additional space for organization can make a huge impact on a buyer’s day-to-day life, and builders are now creating new and unique ways to provide that organizational space.
- Advanced technology. From the kitchens to the bathrooms, buyers are now looking for advanced technology and appliances. Smart refrigerators can now order food delivery for you, while bathrooms can be decked out with steam showers, body jets, touch-less plumbing fixtures, and more. In fact, bathrooms are becoming far more like a spa or a sauna than a bathroom in today’s designs.
- Outdoor recreational spaces. The balance between outdoor and indoor living is growing. Families are finding that they want to spend more time outside, and that’s leading to larger yards, outside enclosures, and even the ability to open interior rooms to the outdoors through the use of advanced features such as “window walls.”
- Single-purpose rooms. Home gyms, theater rooms, and even bowling alleys are all being placed in special rooms inside of luxury homes. Finished basements are an excellent location for this type of development, which can also include a home bar or simply a lounge.
The key to the luxury home of 2017 is comfort and space, and that’s one of the major reasons it can benefit you to buy new. Homes are being customized and developed for the families that live in them, and these families are demanding entertainment, technology, and recreation. The Petros community, The Four Seasons, offers many luxury features in an easy to maintain, energy efficient, and convenient package. Contact us to learn more!